Updated: Aug 8, 2019
Here's a collection of cheap and easy decorating hacks that are borderline genius...
1. If you need an easy way to hang a curtain rod, use Command hooks.
So smart if you live in a rental or are just plain too lazy to drill a goddamn hole in the wall.
2. Repurpose your old rhinestone necklaces to make curtain tiebacks for a bohemian-inspired home.
It's like a chandelier for your curtains!!!
3. If you have an exposed closet or clothing rack, use colored tape to prettify your hangers.
Imagine a brightly colored sundress hanging off that striped one and you will be reminded that this is totally worth the effort.
4. Use a hollowed-out book to hide an unsightly router.
If you're averse to the idea of desecrating books for the sake of home decor, try using a binder or a pretty photo album instead.
5. Use an upside-down Command hook on the backside of a door to hang a wreath.
6. Jute rope is a cheap way to add a rustic/nautical touch to any window dressing.
Bonus points if you incorporate a sailor's knot.
7. Cut an inexpensive duvet cover in half to make curtains — the fabric will be doubled, creating its own "lining."
8. Painting the sides of a dresser adds a delightful detail to a child's room.
9. Coat the inside of a lampshade with glitter to create a cool reflective light effect.
10. Half-painted walls will give the illusion of higher ceilings.