Your guide to waste disposal charges

We have seen a few posts relating to the new waste disposal charges, so thought we would put you in the picture.

Why do I need to pay for some types of waste?

Due to financial pressures, Leeds City Council is no longer able to cover the full cost of disposal of certain types of waste which are not considered to be regular household waste.These include building materials, plasterboard and tyres.

How do I pay?

  1. Upon arrival, please see a member of site staff before unloading your waste, so they can assess the quantity and confirm the cost.

  2. Payment can be made by debit or credit card. Cash and cheques are not accepted.

  3. All charges must be paid in full prior to disposing of your waste.

Do I need a permit to use the household waste recycling sites?

Yes. Please display your Leeds Resident Permit clearly in your windscreen so our our staff can easily see it. If using a vehicle other than a car, people carrier or 4x4 without pick-up to transport your waste, you will need to surrender a valid Commercial, Large Vehicle and Trailer Permit. For more information or to apply for a permit, please visit our website at

Here's more information and an idea of the costs involved

Recent Posts

See All
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Google+ Icon